Thursday, November 2, 2023

Question: What is a Christian missionary? See Answer: http://ebible.com/answers/3681?ori=664697

 


My name is Silvani and I am from Uberlândia-Minas Gerais, Brazil.

I never liked to go to school. So, whenever I had the opportunity, I escaped to the countryside to help my father in the charcoal kiln. We were five children, and everything was scarce. At times, we did not have enough food and suffered need.

Already married and with daughters, I was restless with an emptiness in my heart. I was thinking of separating from my husband when my neighbor Tania invited me to study the Bible. I remember telling her, “I'll go, but I can't promise you anything.” But when she started to tell me about Christ, I fell in love with Him and everything He did and does. 

One day, many miles from my house, I was using my bicycle for work. As I was so excited to talk about Christ, I started to give a ride on my bike to a woman named Marluce. I told her about Jesus. Years later, I met her again and she had converted!

I serve our local church in many ways and seek to study the Bible there every week. Over time, my sister came to church too—she and my whole family except one brother. Today, my sister and I, our spouses, and some of our children are standing firm in Christ. 

My favorite verse is Philippians 4:8 
 
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable,
whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, 
if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

 
Please pray for the women of Charis Alliance churches in Brazil:
  • that we will not be distracted by futile things.
     
  • that we will never tire of seeking God.
     
  • that we will be humble, hospitable and glorify God in everything we do.
     
  • that we will be women who thirst for God and never stop knowing Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment